Thursday, October 11, 2007

Howdy Hi!

It goes without saying that I have had little time for myself as of late and it is for all the right reasons. With that said I will make a quick update.
The adoption climate in Guatemala continues to swirl with changes occurring almost everyday. Please continue to pray for the children and the adoptive parents. Last week CNN's Anderson Cooper did a half hour "expose" on the Guatemalan adoption situation. I don't want to get into this but my personal opinion is that along with so many of this other news/commentary bits he has done I again was very disappointed with his attempt to educate the public about something he know little to nothing about. I must admit that there were a few good points but none to write home about.
In other news... Emma turned ONE year old on the 4th. The week was insane with "things to do" thus not posts. We had a great week. My mom came from North Carolina to visit which was nice and not long enough. On Tuesday Emma went to the doctors office for her one year appointment and ended the visit with 4 shots and a needle prick on her finger. She was not a fan. But she was such a trooper and was back to her sweet spirit in no time. Unfortunately her vomiting issues continue and she has developed a bit of a cold as well. Pray she gets well soon.
As for the next couple of weeks I will be tearing out the carpet in the rest of the house and refinishing the hardwood floors and time permitting I will get out on the lake and do some pike/muskie fishing. The weather has cooled down and fall has set in. Before too long the snow will fly. I'm smiling.

No comments: