Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Floored

I refinished the floors in our house last week. It went well for the most part. We did have a couple surprises though. When I pulled up the carpet it revealed that there was a wall between the dining room and living room so there was no wood flooring. Just a sub-floor. So I will be installing oak flooring in that area. The area at the front door about 4x4 also had a sub floor installed. I will be installing either laminate or tile there. I think that the floors turned out nicely. I really like wood floors so I was pretty happy when Tera and I agreed to do the floors in the house. An area of concern was some "dark spots" that exist. Oak does this weird thing when it is wet for a long time. It turns black. Sometimes you can get it out, sometimes you can't. Some people call it ugly. I call it "character". Here are some before and after the sanding pics of the floors. Notice the evidence of a "painting party" that the previous owner had before installing the carpet over the hardwood floors.I will post the "final product" in a couple of days.
See ya

J

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I agree, Jason! Every floor needs a little character!!! :)

Way to go! Sounds like you did a ton of work & I'm sure it looks GREAT!

Can't wait to see the after pictures! :)

Love to your precious wife & baby girl!