Friday, October 19, 2007

Another day, another project....Days 1 and 2

I have begun a new project this week. Refinishing our wood floors. This means that Tera, Emma and I relocated to her parents home till this "endeavor" is complete.
Day 1 consisted of my friend Brent coming over and helping me move all the furniture to other parts of the house and pulling out the existing carpet and padding. In all this took about 3 hours and it went fairly well. We ended Day 1 eating lunch at El Loro, my favorite Mexican eatery.
Day 2 was just me at the house pulling hundreds of carpet staples from the floor. By the time I was done my knees were ablaze and my back was killing me. I did a bit of preliminary sanding in some trouble areas and vacuumed up the mess. Tomorrow I will get the floor sander and strip the floors down and begin to prep the wood for the multiple coats of poly that I will most likely begin to apply on Monday...my knees can hardly wait.

No comments: