Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A reluctant post

I have recently struggled with maintaining this blog. It seems like a good idea most of the time but when sit down to begin typing I begin to breath through my mouth while staring off into a far away place made of marshmallow creme and fruit flavored candy. I need some sort of structure or means of deciding "this is what I will talk about this week". Maybe I'll just talk about what's going on lately.

This week we had our basement ceiling sprayed so it's pretty much ready for the flooring and paint. Tera hasn't picked out the carpet color quite yet so I can't say what color it'll be. We started to work on our basement refinish a while ago and Tera's uncle John has been nice enough to help with the drywall mudding and sanding as well as spraying our ceiling. I owe him big time. He's been a huge help.
I finally finished a video project that I have been working on for two weeks. I must admit that this thing drove me nuts. I knew what I was doing but I constantly ran into Windows Vista issues. Either we need to go back to XP or I need to start selling plasma or something so we can get a Mac. Either way, it's done and I am thankful.
This week was the coldest it has gotten so far this winter. I like it. It's what makes Minnesota Minnesota. Now if we could get some more snow. I think the lows here in Minneapolis were around -15 and Saturday's high was -5. Nice.
Emma continues to be the cutest baby girl ever. This includes earlier this week when she pulled the laptop to the floor thus causing the keyboard to permanently malfunction. Hello, Geek Squad? She now as her two bottom teeth and her two top ones in now. It is weird to see her with teeth after seeing her without them for so long. It just adds to the cuteness. Also, she is beginning to pick up on new words and her verbal communication seems to have more organization.
I have been thinking about Guatemala every day now. It's pretty ridiculous. Plus, as I am typing this the Discovery Channel is showing an Adoption Stories episode that features Guatemala and showed the Westin inside and out. Mmmmm...Breakfast buffet at the El Cafetal. This week on Dateline NBC they featured an expose' on Guatemala and it's adoption system. I have yet to watch it but much has been said about the show many of the adoption sites. Head to www.guatadopt.com for more info on that. Hopefully I will see it this week.
Well, I think that'll be it for now. Thanks for reading. Drop me a line or shoot me an idea of something you think I should talk about.

J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jason....why not discribe your wonderful place of marshmallow creme and fruit flavored candy??? *Ü*
I heard about NBC doing a story on Guatemala adoption...but I missed it. I did find it online, but haven't found the time to watch it. We want to adopt from Ethiopia, just starting out in the whole thing. But I have been reading about the wars in neiboring (spelling) countries spilling into Ethiopia. On one hand it wants us to press on, to get a child away from all that, but on the other hand, it is frightening...having to travel there. I tell my husband that this is the road God chose for us, so we just have to have faith he will keep us safe...right?
I heard Windows Vista was just horrible...too many issues...so when we had to get a new computer, we chose to get a rebuilt tower with XP.
Up here in Northern Wisconsin, it's suppose to get down to -20 tonight! Thank goodness I am on vacation for 8 days...I don't I have to drive in that weather at 4:30 am!
Stay warm!

Unknown said...

Hey Man! It's been a while since I checked in on you. I'm so happy for you guys. I'm a big Marshmallow Creme fan myself.

Mia and I are sitting here reading through things on the net and I can't help but notice how similar we are in a lot of things.

Just FYI, I'm leading a mission trip to Guatemala again this summer with people from 5-6 different churches and from 2 or more states!

Emma is BEAUTIFUL!