Thursday, January 31, 2008

Goodbye Nemo...


This is a picture of my clownfish hanging out in his Long Tentacle Anemone. He "moved on" this week. His name wasn't actually Nemo. It didn't have a name. I have a hard time naming fish. Dogs and cats I get but fish, no. Fish have cool scientific names which are way more fun to say. This clownfish was an Amphiprion Percula or "False Percula". Isn't that way more fun than saying Kent or Leon? I know there are those out there who don't like the idea of "harvesting the ocean" for a hobbies sake. Don't fret he was tank raised and did not come from the wild as many of the corals and other fish that we owned over the years. The industry is getting much better about the preservation of the world's reefs. Off hand I can't tell you how long I had him but I know it was more than 5 years. He was part of a more elaborate reef tank before we moved into our house.
I have to geek out for a second. Saltwater aquariums rule. I love to maintain them and they are a ton of fun once you know what you are doing. But they can be really expensive too. Tera and I loved this hobby but it takes time and money. Since moving to our house things like home improvements and the adoption of sweet little Emma we decided put out interest in reef tanks aside. No biggie, when time allows I will get back into it again. So this week we say "So long little guy".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You said, "so long little guy" Hmmm...maybe it was a girl when it/he/she passed on... *smile* Clownfish are tricky like that. ;)

So long, little fishy!

Love you.