Monday, August 28, 2006

Last Monday (August 21) our dossier went to Guatemala.

While at work the previous Friday I received a text message from Tera saying that our dossier was approved. I stood among my co-workers overwhelmed with the joy of knowing that we were moving on to the next step of our dossier and ever closer to bringing our daughter home. I wanted to tell them my good news but kept it to myself wanting to share it with Tera. I was very excited and would not be able to talk to Tera till much later in the day so I began to let my mind wander as most potential fathers probably do from time to time.
So let the shopping begin…and boy it sure has begun alright. On Tuesday we went to a local mall and spent the day there shopping at all of the baby and children’s stores there. Let’s see, there was Gap Baby/Kids, Osh Kosh, Old Nay and the infamous Hanna Anderson among others. We know couples who shop together and as most of us know it can be a disaster... sometimes. Especially if one spouse has different shopping habits than the other. We all know couples who are like this. One spouse wants in and out in 40 seconds flat and the other wants to peruse the aisles for two and half hours looking for that “perfect” item. This spells marriage counseling in the end. We are not the that couple. HOORAY we are not that couple!!! Tera has this knack of looking, finding, buying and moving on to the next shop in one seamless movement. I on the other hand am more like the typical male. In and out. But if there is something I like I will stare at it online for days before heading to the store to actually buy it so I guess I do spend a good amount of time “looking” at it. Tuesday was the exception… We looked and looked and looked at little girls clothes making sure we bought really nice things for “her” while in Guatemala and for when she eventually comes home. I looked long and hard learning about baby sizes and the surprisingly high prices of baby clothes. We had a great time and got lots of fun clothes, cute clothes and practical clothes. We don’t really have anything for her since this will be our first child so clothes and all the other items that we have bought so far are just the beginning of what we will be buying. It seems like a lot but we have been waiting for this for such a long time and we are trying to enjoy every second. Till next time.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Awww Papa Jason - WHAT FUN!!! Sounds like you both are having such FUN.. how joyous, even the written words convey the JOY! I'm enjoying so much, every step of this journey! I think about you and Tera EVERY SINGLE DAY and cannot wait til the day I see that picture posted - smiles on both your faces, and hands lovingly touching, cradling, protecting, LOVING your little girl!
JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!
God Bless and God SPEED!

Your friend in Christ,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Guatepapa! Knowing all that the two have you have been through and how much love you have in your hearts for a child, I am thrilled beyond words for both of you! All my best to you as you continue on this exciting journey!

Scott Bijelic said...

Panasonic DMR-EZ28K DVD Recorder with 1080p Upconv Toshiba DR420 DVD Recorder, Black. Crystal MP3 Recorder - a easy-using and high quality audio MP3 recorder software for a complete recording. Close Suggestion Sharp To Buy 8.9% Stake In Loewe's View Article. Direct PC Link with Music Player. The easy-to-use thumbpad makes for quick and convenient operation of functions like file management