Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Hello there

It has been so long since my last post. I have been busy and tired and tired of being busy. We are finally at the end of our paper chase. We are waiting for the finishing touches on our home study and everything will be sent out as soon as that is done. The whole process of chasing down records, getting signatures, witness statements, making appointments with doctors and finding a notary that can actually sign their name legibly (thanks Jan) and all of the certification, authentication and time spent at our local Fedex and US Postal branch is insane. But looking back at what we have done so far I would do it all over again. I learned quite a bit about how the process works and how important it is when it comes to detail. Of course we aren't done yet and I am sure there will be many days of both hapinness and frustration ahead but at least we do have this section behind us for the most part and both Tera and I are more than eager to move on to the next stage of our adoption process. We began to do a bit of "window" shopping recently and I have feeling that I am going to enjoy it when we start making the purchases. I am sometimes without words when I think of this whole process because it can be so daunting. But then I think of the child that we have yet to meet, hold and already miss and all the distractions just disappear.
I have to take a moment to recognize my wife's ablities and accomplishments with the process so far with all of the people she talked to, all the emails sent and phone calls that had to be made. In essense she worked on it non stop, seven days a week till we got to where we are today...at mach speed. Kudos to you my love. Till next time...Hopefully sooner than later.
Jason

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, J...I needed to hear that. :"(

Love you,

God bless, T

a.k.a. Guatemama

Anonymous said...

Hey man! This is all very exciting actually. So don't let the paper trail wear you down - remember what's at the end of the road.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason, We still have all our paperwork to show Renee someday.
Someday you will have your child in your arms and you will know it was all worth it. Hugs

Anonymous said...

You are definately the persevering husband/father. One who looks to the future but doesn't hold it. Praise God for more husbands and "soon to be" fathers like you. You ought to be proud, to stand by a woman like Tera. God Bless you both and so excited during this process. Take Care,
Kacy & Rich