Monday, November 05, 2007

Sign of the times (Part II)

For some reason I am enamored with the past. Americana so to speak. Things like old newspaper ads and political op/ed pieces. It's interesting to me to look back at the articles to see how accurate the reporter might have been or how way off he or she was. Product ads are sometimes the most entertaining since marketing has changed in so many ways. As a child He-Man and the Transformers was right around my time and as a teen I was mostly into timeless stuff like bicycles and fishing. Yet I see these ads or hear bands from the 50's and 60's and I feel as if I might have missed out on a time that seems much more charming than what today has to offer. Don't get me wrong, I love the internet, my ipod and the wonders of instantaneous news on the fly. Some of my co-workers are about 20 years or so older than I am so it is neat to hear about when they first saw the whatever band or movie at the theater or what their favorite TV show was. Anyways, I found this ad. It makes me laugh. Hardy-Har-Har!

No comments: