Thursday, February 15, 2007

I cannot believe this and I doubt I want to handle it

In case anyone reads this I ask that you would pray for us and the rest of the families that are adopting from Guatemala.

Tera and I were out of town earlier this week for some R&R. While we were gone we began to hear rumblings from Guatemala about a possible law that would be passed that would put our adoption along with countless others down the drain. This “law” has many possibilities. None of which are good. The one that I am aware of would be that once this law is passed Emma would be taken from her foster family home and placed in an orphanage till she is placed with another family. We would no longer be her prospective parents and we would never see her again. End of story. What are the other possibilities? I am not exactly sure at the moment. The agency that we are using is trying to keep everyone updated but the news doesn’t seem to be getting any better.
For anyone who has doubts about Guatemala and it’s “leaders” I will only go as far to say that the president has called adoptions a thorn in his side and his wife seems to be a “delight” as well when it comes to adoptions as well. They are very interested in a large amount of cash that UNICEF keeps dangling in front of them which allegedly is playing some sort of roll in this whole game. I will not get into mudslinging nor will I wish ill will on any of these people who insist making adoptions like ours impossible to complete.

We don’t have children. We have always wanted children. From the day we were first married we wanted kids. The road that everyone travels to get to the decision to adopt is different and it is always quite a story.
I have never been “connected” to any children before until I met Emma. She took my breath away from the moment I met her. We think of her constantly and long for her to come home with us. Even though she is not here with us everything we do is to prepare for her arrival. Emma is always on our hearts and minds. And it has come to this. In the coming days we will on find out if we will ever see her again.

All I want is for me to be her daddy and her to be my “little princess”.

Pray for us please.


J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, Jason, this is a heart-wrenching post. I can feel the pain in my own heart, reading your words. I was so glad to hear from Tera, that this "stupid move" (on the part of Guat officials) has been put off/postponed(?) yet again - THANK GOD!

We just have to get through this and get that little Princess Emma HOME! From I Samuel 7:12 ..."Thus far the Lord has helped us."

We can only trust Him to steer sweet Emma through these muddy waters of "bureaucracy" safely home to her Mama and her Papa who are counting every moment, til she is home for good.
God bless you with peaceful waters and smooth sailing the rest of the way!

Love you guys!
Lynn

knarfmo said...

I know the current situation is tough, but hang in there. I've heard the buzz that folks in PGN would be okay if the protocolo were to have gone into effect. Of course, there is no way to predict what would happen, but there is a bit of hope there.

Now if we could just get our own government to stand by our sides, it would certainly help!

- "knarfmo"